Thursday, June 30, 2011

Didn't realize it had been a month since I wrote something

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Time has been moving oddly for me lately. It's hard for me to comprehend that I've been it site for a month already.

Anyway I suppose I should let you know what I've been up to the last few weeks. Well the first two weeks of June I went to school to observe how my counterparts teach and to meet with the students. I went on a camping trip with a group of volunteers to a waterfall near the city of Gramsh. I spent two days at my host family's place to celebrate my younger brother's birthday. He turned 10 and I gave him a small nerf football and the game bananagrams. After that I came back to Erseka and told my students about the summer course I was going to start in July. The next week I spent most days working at the Outdoor Ambassadors camp that being held in Erseka.
 About 60 kids from all over the country came to the camp and they all had a great time. I helped out with teambuilding and photography activities, while also going on the hiking/ camping trip, making sure no one shot their friend during archery, and teaching a some of them some card games (they really liked oh hell). I also acted as a dj during the big dance the final night and during thank you variety show that the kids put on for us. Those kids were pretty awesome and I really wish them the best in the future.
This week I haven't really done much except for tittle my thumbs and try to figure out my plans for this weekend and to try and plan my course. It starts next Wednesday and I'm hopping it goes well. As for this weekend, I didn't get a ticket to the party at the Embassy but I'm going to go visit some friends in Berat Friday and then spend the weekend with my buddy Ian tooling around the capital.
One of the more unexpected things that has happened this week is that some neighborhoods kids came over and wanted me to teach them English and how to play American football. It's been pretty fun but one of those kids needs to take a chill pill before he punches a hole in my front door. He also tends to distract the other two kids during our small English lessons which is kind of a drag.

Well that's enough for now I think. I promise to write more next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment