Sunday, January 30, 2011

Figuring it out

Over the last few months I've been struggling to come up with a solution to my debt problems. I'm not talking about my student loans or anything big because my wonderful parents have decided to help me with those while I'm away. No what's been weighing so heavily on my shoulder's the last few weeks is my credit cards. You see this came about because despite their many warnings about not counting your chickens before they hatch I thought I had a Peace Corps trip in October in the bag and so after graduating in August I sat on my ass for a month before realizing perhaps that wasn't going to happen and that I needed a job.
So as ya'll know I got two   ( Borders and Resto) and I kept tutoring ( though it was only once a week so it was more of a  hobby. Anyway fast forward to now; last week Resto closed and I worked my last day on Thursday. The week before I narrowly avoided being laid off at Borders by transferring to a store that is closing. The plus side to the transfer is that I'm working way more hours than I ever got at my first store, the downside being that they have no idea when the store will actually be closing. The estimations range from Feb 11 through the end of the month. I'm really hoping for the end of the month.
Now although things weren't great financially it seemed that I was well on my way to paying off my cards back around October/ November and things like store closings wouldn't be an issue. Of course then entered the ghosts of DragonCon aka medical bills. Well those put a huge kink in my plans and are a big reason why I am in the pickle I am in today.
But I believe I have found a way to actually sort all this out and not have to worry about anything preventing me from leaving in March.
I'm going to sell my car.
I really don't want to do it but I think it's the best move I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment