Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Make Your Own Lane Day

So when I last left you I was up around DC spending sometime with my grandparents before heading up to see my girlfriend in Leesburg. It was a great time and I'm so glad I took that time off of work. Seeing my family was wonderful all peace corps madness aside. Michelle and I left to go back to Atlanta on Sunday after lunch and would have probably made it back around 1am. Apparently mother nature had other plans much to the delight my actual mother. About 50 miles into GA we ran into blinding snow and had to decide what to do. Luckily an exit that would take us to my moms house was coming up fast so we got off 85 and headed to Athens. It was my first time driving in real snowy conditions but Michelle and I managed to keep level heads and were lucky enough to find ourselves behind a snow plow that lead us straight to the entrance to my mom neighborhood. Aside from figuring out what was going on with work, I spent the next two days watching the Star Trek marathon on SyFy,drinking coffee, playing cards and empire earth, and watch my stepstep dad drive himself crazy with cabin fever since he couldn't go into work. Overall a pretty nice extra vacation but I'm ready to go make some money.


//Star Trek First Contact was the best Next Gen movie...don't forget it

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it back safely and much better time between postings now keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete