Friday, April 1, 2011

Let that shqip flow

So as many of you know I've never been the biggest fan of pop music. I've always been more of a rock n roll guy and I probably always will be. Sure there was the occasional song like "Replay" by Sean Kingston or "Empire State of Mind" by Jay- Z that I found to be quite quite catchy, but I've never found much of the genre to be that good.

Having been in Eastern Europe I can say that I am definitely changing my mind about that. I hear tons of pop music everyday; Albanians guzzle American pop music like it's going out of style here. I've often heard my little brother singing bits and pieces of "Boom- Boom Pow " or other songs. Like most Albanians he sings the lyrics without understanding them, which is a good thing because many of the songs are not very appropriate for anyone under the age of 13 or so. Most of the songs remind me all the times Michelle and I would put her ipod on shuffle and play cards or tackle that ridiculous puzzle we bought . It's so funny what reminds you of home when you won't be seeing it for such a long time.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment