Saturday, April 23, 2011

A list of sorts

These are just a  few ideas I've thought of for when people start wanting to send me care packages.No, I don't know my address yet. I also assume ya'll can split stuff up among yourselves so I don't end up with  a million socks and nothing else.
packets of mexican spices

a can of old bay seasoning

some different card games like ninja burger (portable and light are what I'm going for)

a foldable map of ga and a foldable map of the us  (I plan on pinning these up in my apartment to show guests)

some action figures (iron man or yugio if you can find them I plan on giving them to my host brothers as gifts)

a few ga tech and assu shirts ( I wear a size medium or small depending on the cut)

some thicker socks

a few good graphic novels or compilations of them would be great ( I hear the Walking Dead and Y the last Man are almost done hint hint)

My copies of Maus 1&2, Persopolis, In the Shadow of No towers, and 300 ( I have some crazy idea that I might be able to use some stuff from these in my classes)

some buttons or stickers from assu or ga tech ( I am thinking about giving them out as prizes to my future students)

some random magazines that have good photos in them NatGeo, Time have good stuff too but really whatever grabs your attention ( I'm thinking of using them in my classes)

some poetry that uses fairly standard english and covers a wide range of topics and styles ( as much as I like shakespeare and beowolf I don't really see the point in having toil through yet another language with my students) There was one book of poetry that I read in middle school that was about a shooting at a high school that I remember really enjoying ( It was title something along the lines of The Taking of Room 213)

1 comment:

  1. Joe, I think I have your Taking of Room 213 book, and can get you some of the other stuff as well. Send me an address, and find out what I need to do so you don't have to pay extra over there to receive the package.

    ReplyDelete